- Zithromax antibiotic is recommended to take once a day an hour before meal, or 2 hours after.
With infections of upper / lower respiratory tracts, infection of skin and soft tissue:
adults should take a single dose of Zithromax 500mg in the first day of treatment, and a single dose of Zithromax 250mg in the second to fifth day of antibacterial therapy.
If one needs to take the intensive antibiotic therapy of respiratory tract infections:
- the initial dose Zithromax 500mg can be taken within the first three days, but the next two days, it must be lowered to a single daily dose of Zithromax 250mg.
For treatment of mild and moderate infectious diseases of urogenital tract:
- adults are prescribed a single dose of Zithromax 1g (2 pills of Zithromax 500mg – once).
For the treatment of Lyme disease:
- the first day of antibiotic therapy, the single daily dose is Zithromax 1g (2 tablets of Zithromax 500mg – once).
- On the second to fifth day of antibacterial therapy, patient should take Zithromax 500mg (one pill of Zithromax 500mg – every 24 hours).
- The common dose of antibiotic Zithromax in treatment of Lyme disease is 3g (6 tablets of Zithromax 500mg).